Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Radiohead - Supercollider



I was pretty bummed I missed Record Store Day this year because I really wanted to pick the EP Supercollider/ The Butcher up on vinyl, but much to my surprise I checked my inbox yesterday and Radiohead themselves sent an Mp3 version of the EP to all those who had bought King of Limbs from their website. "Cool beans", said I.

"Supercollider" has been popping up at live shows since 2008, but this is the first appearance of the studio version. Played live, its just Thom and a piano, which is good, but this version's got some kick to it. The added drum machine beat and synths make it feel a bit more complete. Thom's voice has more room to wail in this version too, so he can really belt out those lyrics. The song as a whole reminds me a LOT of Amnesiac era Radiohead, and is especially reminiscent of the B-side "Cuttooth." Good job, blokes.

Super collider
Dust in a moment
Particles scatter
Parting from the soup

Swimming upstream
Before the heavens crack open
Thin pixelations
Coming out from the dust

In a blue light
In a green light
In a half light
In a work light

In a B-spin
Flip flopping
In a pulse wave
Outstepping

To walk the shadows back into
The boxes

I am open
I am welcome
For a fraction
Of a second

I have jettisoned my illusions
I have dislodged my depressions

I put the shadows back into
The boxes


I put the shadows back into
The boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment