Monday, April 25, 2011

Dr. Dog - Say Something



Creepy video, yeah? But awesome song. This was one of the first songs I heard by Dr. Dog and it got me hooked. This one's from the early album Easy Beat, which I highly recommend.

"Say Something" is a psychedelic-ish rock that kind of feels like a jam band if jam bands didn't suck. The guitars in the chorus scream Beatles and the harmonies are so solid. Harmonies are one of my favorite things about music and these guys have got it down with their "ahhhhs" and "lalalas." Great stuff.

long distance, no need to shout 
close quarters, ain't talkin out loud 
and I gotta know 
all over your open mouth 
words hang like they're just hanging out 
but I gotta know 

where are you going crazy 
in your mind or in everybody's mind? 

cold shoulders have run out of luck 
who knows what they're runnin from 
I gotta know 
you're holding up an endless line 
putting pressure on my precious time 
but I gotta know 

where are you going crazy 
in your mind or in every inch of your body? 
say something 

No comments:

Post a Comment