Sunday, January 22, 2012

::Lasties Week:: Of Montreal - Authentic Pyrrhic Remission



Of Montreal are one of the weirdest bands out there. If you have not heard of them and like trippy, soul, pop, dance, art-rock, erotic disco music then I would check them out. Kevin Barnes is the creative force behind them writing and recording most of the instruments himself. He enlists the help of about 8 friends for support and live performances, which by the way are just as weird and trippy as the music.

This song is from their upcoming album Paralytic Stalks out on February 7. It is a 13 minute closer starting off with a funky, upbeat carnival of sounds. Then five minutes into it or so, it starts to morph into something else. There is a bridge of feedback and ambient noise and it finally dies out to a vocal and piano part that is just beautiful. It ends the album with a sigh, either of relief, relaxation or depression, I'm not quite sure. Nevertheless, an awesome closer.

I can't find any lyrics yet, since this isn't out yet so you'll have to get out a pen and paper and write them all down. Then send them to me. Do my work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment