Thursday, July 14, 2011

Antlers - Parentheses



The Antlers are a Brooklyn based bunch of buddies who have been in the spotlight since their debut full length Hospice. I personally couldn't get into it that much because it was extremely artsy. But their new album Burst Apart is rather good. Its still pretty artsy, but their are some catchy pop influences that burst through. Get it? Burst.

Anyway, this song is a mysterious head-bobber that glitters about with synths and high pitched guitar effects. The bass comes in at the perfect moment creepily throbbing through the noise and high pitched vocals. Then. The chorus. Oh the chorus. If you want to call it that anyway. Its a rough radiohead-ish riff with sloppy distortion that makes you want to place a smug look on your face and and nod slowly in some dark corner like a future version of Strider from Lord of the Rings. Im a nerd.

One broken wing, 
Soaring and suffering, 
Arm in a sling, 
I don't owe you anything.

I'm a bad absentee, 
You know when I want to leave.

So close up your knees, 
And I'll close your parentheses.

I'm a bad amputee, 
With no phantom memory.
So close up your knees, 
And I'll close your parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment