Sunday, June 12, 2011

Brian Eno - On Some Faraway Beach



Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno. Not many people know the name, but he is responsible for a LOT of good music. Having collaborated on many influential artists like Genesis, Talking Heads, Coldplay and many more, Eno has been throwing his touch into the music world since his early days in the band Roxy Music. He's also added so much to the production aspect of music and his musical mind is still going at it.

This song is a relaxing chill-out song with its lulling piano repetition and calming mood. I'd really like to enjoy this song at night on a starry beach somewhere with a warm breeze rustling through my beard and a cool drink in my hand. And while we're in my fantasy world I also have a super cute nerdy girlfriend and a robot dog with tank treads for feet. Anyway the  lyrics in the song touch on death and finality and come in as almost an afterthought and gently fade away suggesting the feeling could go on forever. Great!

Given the Chance
I'll Die Like a Baby
On Some Far Away Beach
When the Season's Over.


Unlikely
I'll Be Remembered
As the Tide Brushes Sand in My Eyes
I'll Drift Away.


Cast Up On a Plateau
With Only One Memory
A Single Syllable
Oh Lie Low Lie Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment