Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Dear Hunter - Things That Hide Away



This is kind of a different entry. This song isn't released yet and I'm not really a huge fan of The Dear Hunter, but this concept is such a good idea. The upcoming concept album The Color Spectrum consists of nine EPs, each representing a different color of the spectrum. This idea is so cool to me, combining music with non-music is a very creative, intriguing accomplishment and I cant wait to hear the whole thing when it comes out on June 14th. Its very reminiscent of The Alchemy Index by Thrice.
I've heard a few clips of the songs, and this one was the only full version of any I could find. Its from the Green EP and has a very earthy feel to it with the gentle finger picked acoustic guitar and soulful vocals. The video is also very well done showing images that convey the concept of being human and existence in general. Very fitting with the color green if you ask me.

Sorry I don't have the lyrics and don't feel like typing them out so just give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment